Triangulation is a way of determining something's location using the locations of other things.
Applications of Triangulation
- The establishment of accurately located control points for surveys of large.
- The accurate location of indirection work such as:
- Centre lines, terminal pts shafts for long tunnels
- Centers lines and abutment for bridges of longs spans.
- Complex highway interchanges.
- The establishment of accurately located control points in connection with aerial surveying.
- Measurement of deformation of structure such as dams.
- Used by geologists to find the location of earthquakes
- Triangulation is preferred for hills and undulating areas as it is easy to establish stations with inter-visibility
- Establishing accurately located control points for plane and geodetic surveys of large areas.
- Establishing accurately located control points in connection with aerial surveying
- Accurate location of engineering projects such as Centre lines, terminal points and shafts for long tunnels, and Centre lines and abutments for long span bridges.