Introduction to Cements and How to Store it
Cement refers to material which acts as a binding substance. In construction and civil engineering cement is used to bind structural members for construction of buildings, pavements, bridges, tunnels, roads and highways etc.
How should cement be stored?
- Cement bags should not be stored in an enclosed area where the walls, roof and floor is not completely weatherproof.
- Cement bags must not be stored in wet surroundings and humid conditions.
- Stack cement bags on wooden planks or concrete floor and do not stack the against the wall.
- Cement bags should be piled close together.
- It is better to arrange the cement bags in a header and stretcher fashion.
- Cement bags that were stored first must be used first.
- Cement bags must not be piled up in the field at work site, instead they should be piled up on a raised platform and covered with a sheet.