Technical Report Writing Skills for Civil Engineers
Technical writing is a specialized, structured way of writing, where information is presented in a format and manner that best suits the psychological needs of the readers, so that they can respond to a document as its author intended and achieve the purpose related to that document. The process of gathering information from experts and presenting it to an audience in a clear, easily understandable form is called technical writing.
Technical writing is the presentation of information that helps the reader solves a particular problem. Technical communicators write, design and/or edit proposal, web pages, lab reports, newsletters and many other kinds of professional documents.
Technical Report Writing Skills include:
- Learn how to get your thoughts on paper
- Understand the features of and differences between various types of technical documents
- Become a more critical editor of technical documents
- Translate complex and innovative ideas into clear, logical and technically accurate documents
- Produce technical information for non-specialist audiences
- Help your readers to take action or make decisions effectively