Parameters Adopted For Design:
Following parameters are adequately considered in design of sanitary landfill site:
- All the calculations are based upon the population of city
- It is considered that 30% of waste generated is land filled, 60% is composted, while the remaining 10% is recycled.
- Waste will be compacted in four layers one below the ground level and three above ground level. Depth of each layer will be 2 m.
- Excavated soil will be used as cover material.
- Cover for intermediate layers will be 0.15 m while final layer will be covered by 0.6 m (2 ft) of cover material.
- Excavation for one year will be made in advance.
- A bond will be provided in each layer after one year.
- Waste will be compacted to density of 1000-1300 kg/m3.
- Embankments will be provided at periphery high enough to enclose the site with the fencing mounted on top.