- No residential development should be near the boundaries of landfill site. The waste disposal site must be very away from residential or commercial areas and water resources.
- Landscaping and protective shelf should be included in the design so that to minimize the visibility of operations.
- Unstable areas that have significant seismic risk which could cause destruction of berms are not recommended for landfill site.
- There should not be fault lines and significantly fractured geological structure. These fault lines can allow the unpredictable movement of gas within 500 meters of perimeter of proposed landfill development.
- Groundwater quality should not be disturbed during the site developmental phase. There should be monitoring facilities at site in order to ensure that ground water quality is maintained.
- In areas under the laws of concerned municipality it should be responsibility of municipality to identify landfill site and handover to operators for operations.
- Selection of landfill site should be based upon the examination of environmental issues.
- The landfill site should be near the wastes recycling facility otherwise, the waste recycling facility should be planned as integral part of landfill site.
- Biomedical wastes should be disposed off in accordance with guidelines issued by Ministry Of Health, Government of Pakistan.
Landfill site should be away from airports. There is need of approval of airbase authorities like civil aviation authorities of government of Pakistan for setting up of landfill site in case if site is to be locating within ten kilometer of an airport boundary.